Director of Operations – Charlotte Disc Golf Club
Current Board Member (term up for election)
Thank you for the opportunity to serve, again, in a leadership role with the Charlotte Disc Golf Club. I highly value the responsibility of this position and strive every day to meet our mission of “Growing the sport of Disc Golf in Charlotte.” For me, safe, well-maintained, and properly designed courses as well as a healthy relationship with our park partners is a critical element of meeting our mission.
I thank you, in advance, for your vote.
Why do I wish to serve on the CDGC Board of Directors?
In order to continue the work that I have started and keep momentum with the course maintenance teams I feel that it is important to be part of the decision making tree. This allows for a quicker flow of resources to our course directors and quicker communication with the parks; who have been doing more and more as a result of the increased communication. We have Eastway, Robbins, and R.L. Smith reconstructions and new courses in the works that I would like to continue to pursue.
I have a passion for disc golf in Charlotte. I have proven this passion out through blood, sweat, tears, even surgeries! I wish to continue to toil to the best of my ability to keep Charlotte the disc golf mecca.
What skills, knowledge, and passion would you bring to the position?
As a professional in the consumer products and retail industry for over 20 years I have gained experience leading teams, communicating to executives on strategic projects, and even presenting to large supplier groups. The detail and processes needed to succeed in this environment carry over well to being part of a board of directors. Additionally, I have over 11 years of disc golf experience including the following:
· 280 courses played in 42 states
· I have played in numerous Pro and Am majors and A-tiers
· I have built, designed, or co-designed 7 disc golf courses
· Currently I am the Director of Operations, overseeing communication with parks and course directors for 17 local disc golf courses and as a consultant for 4 more.
During my past term
· Wrote bid and won bid for the 2018 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships
· Identified and managed the team that prepared Charlotte for the event and ran the championships at a profit for the Charlotte Disc Golf Club
· Competed and won MA40
· Convinced parks to spend over $150,000
o Replacing baskets at Kilborne and Reedy Creek
o Utilizing trail repair budget to make infrastructure improvements at Reedy Creek, Sugaw, and Kilborne, Renny to come
· Made decisions and voted on opportunities that have seen our membership rise to almost 500 members and $30,000 in savings.